This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Our Daily Schedule:
- Building opens at 7:50.
- Classes start at 8:10.
- Lunch is from 10:00-10:30.
- Specials are from 12:00-12:45.
- Recess is from 1:35-1:55.
- Dismissal: 2:50 (walkers), 3:00 (car/parent pickup) 3:05 buses
Following the classroom expectations is required of all students and does not earn a reward. Students who go above and beyond, however, can earn rewards such as:
- Positive notes sent home.
- Homework passes.
- Extra privileges (to include but not limited to computers until dismissal, teachers assistant for the day, switching seats for the day, and lunch with the teacher.)
Just as there are rewards for good behavior, there are consequences for breaking classroom rules. Each student will have an account on Class Dojo. If students are not following the PARR expectations, they will lose points on Dojo; however, if the behavior is corrected or they are displaying positive behavior, they can earn points.
1st offense: Verbal Warning
2nd offense: Partial loss of recess or other privilege/minor consequence.
3rd offense: Time out in another area/reflection of behavior
4th offense: Longer consequence based on teacher discretion/Parents notified via phone call
5th offense: Office referral and parent notification.
**SEVERE MISBEHAVIOR: Any fighting, threatening, verbal abuse, or obscene language will NOT be tolerated and will result in an immediate office referral.**
We do not “give” grades. Grades are earned based on the quality, completeness, and correctness of work. Classwork assignments are 40% of the final grade, tests are 50% of the final grade, and homework is 10% of the final grade.
MWES Grading Scale:
Sign and Return Policy
- Please review the items inside your child’s agenda, sign if necessary, and return the signed items with your child the following day. Items will be marked “please sign and return.”
- Two progress reports will be sent home each grading period. This report will show progress in all subject areas and will indicate any areas that need improvement. Please sign and return progress reports the following day.
It is crucial that your child follow the expectations established for our classroom. A disruptive student takes valuable learning time away from his/her classmates! The expectations for our classroom are:
- Be prepared
- …by arriving and leaving school on time.
- …by bringing all materials and supplies needed for an activity.
- Be accepting
- …by including others in activities and helping others when needed.
- …by showing SLANT behavior and paying attention.
- …by challenging ideas not others.
- Be respectful
- ...by speaking at appropriate times using appropriate language.
- ...by using your manners.
- ...by following classroom procedures set by the teacher.
- Be responsible
- …by always putting your name on your paper.
- …by returning important documents/materials from home.
- …by actively participating during instruction.
- …by asking for help when needed.
- Students will quietly enter the classroom on time each morning, prepare for the day, and promptly begin morning work.
- Assignments will be posted and discussed. It is the student’s responsibility to record each assignment in his/her planner. Please review and sign your child’s agenda each night.
- Students are responsible for making up all missed work when they are absent. Students have one day for each day absent to make up work. (For example, if a student is out for 2 days, he/she has 2 school days to make up missed work upon return.)
- Late work will receive partial credit. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis, depending on circumstances (such as family emergency).
- Incomplete assignments are graded “as is”. Unanswered questions are marked as incorrect.
- During instruction, students must be prepared, attentive, and ready to participate. Students will receive a grade based on their level of participation in the classrooms.
- If a student finishes classwork early, he/she must work on homework assignments, enrichment/extra practice assignments, or read quietly. Class time is learning time and students will not be allowed to disrupt others during this time.
- Please do not allow your child to bring toys, games, or electronic equipment to class. If a student brings items such as cell phones, i-pod, electronic games, these will be taken up by the teacher and placed in the office for a parent to pick up. They will not be given back to the student. These items are a distraction to your child and often result in lost learning time.