Parents and guardians who wish to apply for the CMCSS Voluntary Pre-K Program (VPK), should review the following process:
- VPK applications will open on April 4, 2022.
- Income guidelines for Voluntary Pre-K.
- Visit cmcss.net/Pre-K and start the “enrollment/application” process. Please choose VPK.
- Once the Pre-K team receives your application one of the team members will contact you, via email, to meet via Zoom, to verify your family’s income and the child’s birth certificate.
- If you qualify for the CMCSS VPK program, you will receive an email from the Pre-K Coordinator at the beginning of July if you have been accepted. If you qualify but are on the waiting list, your email in July will state that you are on the waiting list. If we have a spot become available, we will contact you throughout the year.
- Our VPK program is a grant-funded program. You do have to meet the income requirements that the state has set forth to qualify for a spot.
- A month’s worth of pay stubs (TN requires gross income, therefore pay-stub must show gross income)
- Military: most recent LES (TN requires both BAH & Base pay to be added)
- Recent food stamp letter (must show eligibility dates, case number, and parent’s name)
- SS award letter
- 2021 Income Tax (form 1040 or W2)
- Unemployment benefits
- Disability benefits
- Children do have to be 4-years-old by or on August 15, 2022, to qualify.
- If you don’t have access to a laptop or a desktop, please contact Melinda Smith, Pre-K Coordinator, at 931-648-5653 to schedule a time to come to the Learning Center and use a district laptop.
Dates for zoom meetings:
April 6 – April 8
April 12 – April 14
and then as needed over the summer.
Evaluation for Special Education Services
Parents and guardians who wish to refer their child for an evaluation for special education services, please follow these steps. This would include transfer students, students that are receiving outside therapy, or if the district should schedule a screener.
- “Transfer Referral” – Visit cmcss.net/Pre-K and start the enrollment process. Please choose “transfer” referral if you have a current eligibility/IEP from the location that you are moving from. Please email the current eligibility and IEP to Melinda Smith, Pre-K Coordinator, at [email protected]
- “Parent Referral” – Visit cmcss.net/Pre-K and start the enrollment process. Please choose a “parent” referral if your child is receiving outside therapy and/or if your child isn’t receiving outside therapy and you need to schedule a screener. Please email any outside therapy reports (if applicable) to Melinda Smith, Pre-K Coordinator, at [email protected]
Tennessee Early Intervention Systems
Parents and guardians, if your child is with TEIS (TN Early Intervention Systems), please see below for more information. If your child is receiving services through TEIS, we will have a transition planning conference with the Pre-K Coordinator, your TEIS Service Coordinator, and your Early Interventionist to go over the process from TEIS and the school system.
- Visit cmcss.net/Pre-K and start the enrollment process. Please choose “TEIS” referral. Once we have our TPC and receive information for the referral as well as information from your service coordinator, the Pre-K Coordinator will send this referral to the school for which you are zoned.
Peer Model Program
Our peer model program is for peers to attend one of our special education PreK classrooms to serve as peer models for our students receiving special education services. Both programs use the same curriculum, the teachers and EA’s train together, and they both have the same scope and sequence, among other things. Parents and guardians who are interested in their child participating in the Peer Model Program, please follow these steps:
- Please fill out the information from this link – Peer Model Application
- To be considered as a Peer Model, the child(ren) can’t be receiving any type of therapy (ST, OT, PT, etc.) or have an active IEP.
- Once we receive this information, we will be in contact to schedule a screener
- Students must be 4 by or on August 15, 2022
- Please contact Melinda Smith – Pre-K Coordinator, [email protected] for more information.